A Church To Be....
What is a church? Really? It often goes without much contemplation but in reality, the living and visible church is a gathering of people who are called out by God to live for His glory and to enjoy Him as their highest treasure, pleasure and joy!
As you contemplate the question, we want you to know a few things...
A CHURCH is not a place, but a people...
There is one body and one spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--one Lord, one Faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. Ephesians 4:4-6
...A people who are not GROWN, but growing...
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every oint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. Ephesians 4:15-16
...growing worshippers for the GLORY of GOD!
In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14
With God, all things are possible in Christ, we will display God's wisdom, Together
So that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. Ephesians 3:10
There MUST be more churches, even in areas where there are plenty because the Body of Christ must grow. GraceTruth Church however, is unique. We are not going to be just another church doing churchy things...
To be honest, our uniqueness will define itself as our core group establishes and becomes cohesive, but in a nutshell, we are a church that holds FAST to the gospel of Jesus Christ as the POWER OF GOD (Romans 1:16) and we are not ashamed.
We know that the gospel is the power that changes lives beginning with salvation and preserves the church until the day of glory, the day of Christ!
GraceTruth Church exists to be a people for God’s glory as worshippers in spirit and truth who live as though they have received grace upon grace and display the power of the gospel in our lives together while evangelizing the world with the fullness of joy that is found alone in Jesus Christ.
We believe that the church is truly a sold-out group of people who suffer with joy and kindness and establish truth on earth for the glory of the Father. We aim to accomplish this through many means:
- Through weekly worship services where we sing praises to God and hear the preached word.
- Through weekly gathering of the brothers and sisters in Christ so that our life-together will become intimate and organic as we grow to maturity.
- Through gathering as people of every NATION and TONGUE and TRIBE for His glory, not just gathering of "our" people, but "ALL" people.
- Through constant accountability with God and each other so we can hold fast to our confession of hope in Christ as a witness to the world of His power in and through us.
- Through solid and powerful right teaching that helps us know and understand God and His son Jesus Christ so we will become worshippers.
- Through the establishment of a chartered School of Theology to equip the saints who want to grow deeper and those who are called to ministry as they prepare to become missionaries, pastors and teachers.
- Through the planned planting of new congregations across the area that share our vision and mission for the Glory of God alone!
- Through purposed training of every member to live their faith and share their faith at home and beyond for the salvation of souls and for the glory of God.
- Through the teaching of God's word to children and youth for their growth and understanding of who God is and HOW HE LOVES THEM and calls them to repentance.
- Through the uniting of the family to be the building blocks of the body of Christ by purposing to equip parents to train their children in the scriptures in obedience to the Lord.
- Through your partnership in prayer and devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ!
- Through community ministry including providing for those in need physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Through partnering with other congregations and civil groups that can give a platform to love and minister to people.
- Through an understanding that we are not trying to grow our congregation in size, but deliver the truth of Christ to all people, no matter their church affiliation.
- Through a firm foundation on the doctrines of grace and truth found in the scriptures and revived during the reformation.
- Through answering the individual and corporate call to evangelism and missions, sharing our faith and having a willingness to lay down our lives, our interests and our personal needs for the sake of others and for Christ.