A PEOPLE FOR GOD’S GLORY – Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Peter 2:10
GraceTruth Church is a fellowship of Christ followers who desire to give glory to God in all things. We strive to love each other and God in the power of the Holy Spirit. We value truth and adhere to several core values as a people, such as:
- Gospel Central Focus in ALL THINGS
- A mind for MISSIONS and EVANGELISM
- A passion for God’s GLORY
- Biblical DISCIPLESHIP
- Biblical EXPOSITIONAL Preaching
- Genuine LOVE for Each Other
- Complete JOY in Christ
- HOLINESS and Obedience to God
As our mission, we hold to these core values and evaluate our ministry to children, youth and adults by these values so that we bring glory to God in all that we do.
GTC’s mission is to be a people for God’s glory as worshippers in spirit and truth who live as though they have received grace upon grace and display the power of the gospel in our lives together while evangelizing the world with the fulness of joy that is found alone in Jesus Christ.
Statement/Confession of Faith
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The Church subscribes to the Second London Baptist Confession of 1689 as its position on biblical theology. Though many Baptist Churches hold to the BMF2000 as their complete and full doctrinal statements, GTC and her elders desire to have a more thorough covering of theological beliefs that are not addressed in small statements of faith, therefore explaining our adherence to the 1689 Confession as the foundational document from which the BFM was derived. Our articles are quick listings of major doctrines that give a glimpse on vital theology and the gospel but a deeper understanding is desired for many believers and should be the case when considering a covenant relationship with a congregation. These ‘articles’ or “Elder’s Statement of Faith” are regulated by Scripture as illustrated by the 1689 Confession. It is the Word of God Alone that governs the church, her worship, polity and all things therein and as such, the doctrines of God and His redemptive narrative. Therefore, the essence of all that scripture teaches as essential is found our confession as expressly and certainly clarified as to avoid indifference or confusion about such things.
Our distinctiveness is found in our foundational beliefs that were revived during the time of the Reformation. We hold the five pillars of the reformation and build our theology, focus on scripture and preaching from this perspective.
- Sola Scriptura (“by Scripture alone”)Sola Scriptura is the teaching that the Bible is the only inspired and authoritative Word of God, is the only source for Christian doctrine and is accessible to all — that is, it is clearly understandable and self-interpreting.
- Sola Fide (“by faith alone”)Sola Fide is the teaching that justification is received by faith only, without any mixture of or need for good works, though saving faith is always evidenced by good works.
- Sola Gratia (“by grace alone”)Sola Gratia is the teaching that salvation comes by God’s grace or “unmerited favor” only — not as something merited by the sinner. This means that salvation is an unearned gift from God for Jesus’ sake.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”)Solus Christus is the teaching that Christ is the only mediator between God and man, and that there is salvation through no other means except Christ.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“To God, alone, the glory”)Soli Deo Gloria is the teaching that all glory is to God alone, since salvation is accomplished solely through his will and action — not only the gift of the all-sufficient atonement of Jesus on the cross but also the gift of faith in that atonement, created in the heart of the believer by the Holy Spirit. God is worthy of all praise and adoration.
These “five Solas” and their meaning can be understood as explained in The Cambridge Declaration written by the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. Other teachings and understanding of our thoughts and theology can be found on Founders.org website, a ministry of teaching and encouragement promoting both doctrine and devotion expressed in the Doctrines of Grace and their experiential application to the local church.
For A Look at our Confession of Faith click here