A PEOPLE FOR GOD’S GLORY – Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Peter 2:10
GraceTruth Church is a fellowship of Christ-followers who desire to give glory to God in all things. We strive to love each other and God in the power of the Holy Spirit. We value truth and adhere to several core values as a people, such as:
- A Central Gospel Focus in ALL THINGS
- A mind for MISSIONS and EVANGELISM
- A passion for God’s GLORY
- Biblical DISCIPLESHIP
- Biblical EXPOSITIONAL Preaching
- Genuine LOVE for Each Other
- Complete JOY in Christ
- Maturity and GROWING in Grace toward God
As our mission, we hold to these core values and evaluate our ministry to children, youth and adults by these values so that we bring glory to God in all that we do.
GTC’s mission is to be a people for God’s glory as worshippers in spirit and truth who live as though they have received grace upon grace and display the power of the gospel in our lives together while evangelizing the world with the fullness of joy that is found alone in Jesus Christ.
Statement/Confession of Faith
The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The Church subscribes to the Second London Baptist Confession of 1689 as its position on biblical theology. At times, when necessary, the Elder brothers will provide articles on specific issues as needed for clearer or deeper study. These ‘articles’ or “Elder’s Statement of Faith” are regulated by Scripture as illustrated by the 1689 Confession. It is the Word of God Alone that governs the church, her worship, polity and all things therein and as such, the doctrines of God and His redemptive narrative. Therefore, the essence of all that scripture teaches as essential is found our confession as expressly and certainly clarified as to avoid indifference or confusion about such things.
Our distinctiveness is found in our foundational beliefs that were revived during the time of the Reformation. We hold the five pillars of the reformation and build our theology, focus on scripture and preaching from this perspective.
- Sola Scriptura (“by Scripture alone”)Sola Scriptura is the teaching that the Bible is the only inspired and authoritative Word of God, is the only source for Christian doctrine and is accessible to all — that is, it is clearly understandable and self-interpreting.
- Sola Fide (“by faith alone”)Sola Fide is the teaching that justification is received by faith only, without any mixture of or need for good works, though saving faith is always evidenced by good works.
- Sola Gratia (“by grace alone”)Sola Gratia is the teaching that salvation comes by God’s grace or “unmerited favor” only — not as something merited by the sinner. This means that salvation is an unearned gift from God for Jesus’ sake.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”)Solus Christus is the teaching that Christ is the only mediator between God and man, and that there is salvation through no other means except Christ.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“To God, alone, the glory”)Soli Deo Gloria is the teaching that all glory is to God alone, since salvation is accomplished solely through his will and action — not only the gift of the all-sufficient atonement of Jesus on the cross but also the gift of faith in that atonement, created in the heart of the believer by the Holy Spirit. God is worthy of all praise and adoration.
These “five Solas” and their meaning can be understood as explained in The Cambridge Declaration written by the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. Other teachings and understanding of our thoughts and theology can be found through our writing and public teaching through the Scriptures. Specific questions can be asked online and on our weekly Live Q&A, Theology:OnCall.
*Use of a resource or historical writing is for reference only and is NOT an endorsement of a particular ministry, teacher, or position. These resources are subject to change as time reveals any disunity. If you see an update is needed, please contact us directly.
For A Look at our Confession of Faith click here